Current:Home > StocksBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Thrive Success Strategies
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-07 02:56:01
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (72)
Related
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer Sells Once Every 4 Seconds: Get 50% Off Before It's Gone
- Man tells jury he found body but had no role in fatal attack on Detroit synagogue leader
- Kris Jenner Shares Plans to Remove Ovaries After Tumor Diagnosis
- Why Jennifer Tilly Was Terrified to Join Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
- Joey Chestnut, the 16-time Nathan's champ, aims to pull off a remarkable feat from afar
- Biden awards Medal of Honor to 2 Union soldiers who hijacked train behind enemy lines
- Biden vows to stay in presidential race as he seeks to reassure allies after debate
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- What are Americans searching for this July 4th? See top trending cocktails, hot dogs and more
Ranking
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- Q&A: How a Land Purchase Inspired by an Unfulfilled Promise Aims to Make People of Color Feel Welcome in the Wilderness
- Why Travis Kelce and Jason Kelce Are Taking a Hiatus From New Heights Podcast
- Maine attorney general announces resource center to aid local opioid settlement spending
- All That You Wanted to Know About She’s All That
- Los Angeles to pay $21M to settle claims over botched fireworks detonation by police 3 years ago
- The best gadgets to have this summer
- Cybersecurity breach could delay court proceedings across New Mexico, public defenders office says
Recommendation
IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
Why Jennifer Tilly Was Terrified to Join Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Oklahoma State football's million-dollar strength coach, Rob Glass, gets raise
Video shows dog turning on stove, starting fire in Colorado Springs home
Intellectuals vs. The Internet
Sheryl Lee Ralph shelters in Jamaica ahead of Hurricane Beryl: 'Stay inside'
Oklahoma State football's million-dollar strength coach, Rob Glass, gets raise
Travis Kelce reveals his biggest fear during his Taylor Swift Eras Tour appearance